Mission and Core Values
We believe: Within each student is a source of unlimited potential and opportunity. Leadership, ethics and character, creativity, and joy-guideposts of our school culture-are woven through the curriculum and serve as the underlying principles of a Seacrest education.
Our Mission: In a supportive, innovative, and vibrant culture of learners, Seacrest fuels intellectual engagement, teaches ownership of the educational experience, cultivates quality of character, and inspires students to lead lives of significance.
Our Guiding Values: Our values guide us in the choices we make, the words we speak, and the actions we take.
- Curiosity - We think deeply and find solutions where obstacles once existed. We employ curiosity as the fuel for innovation and discovery.
- Integrity - We are honest and dependable in our actions and words.
- Kindness - We treat everyone we meet with kindness and compassion. Before we speak or act, we consider its impact on others.
- Perseverance - We are steadfast in meeting our obligations and reaching our goals.
- Respect - We treat everyone we interact with with respect and dignity. We seek to understand alternative viewpoints, and perspectives.
- Responsibility - We are accountable for our words, actions, and our futures. We consider how our actions will affect others.
Principles of our Education Experience: The Seacrest Community believes in the power of:
- Intellectual Engagement – Students are challenged each day to achieve their full academic potential; intellectual risk taking and creativity are expected and rewarded.
- Authentic Learning – Students discover the joy of learning as a lifelong process that enriches our lives.
- Collaboration and Integrative Thinking - Students and teachers come together to learn, explore and discuss; wrestling with essential questions and real-world applications across disciplines leads to deeper overall understanding.
- Integrity and Community Responsibility - Students count and are counted upon; they are responsible for their words, actions, and attitudes.
- Leadership, Empathy, and Service - Students become leaders who understand the needs of others and harness the power of community to effect change and build lives of significance.