Music and Band
Through Seacrest's music and band program, our students develop a strong foundation in instrumental performance. They gain an appreciation for the beauty of composition and the discipline needed to achieve success in music. Seacrest's band members play at various times during the year all over Southwest Florida. From the Sugden Community Theatre to internal performances to regional and state competitions, our students gain valuable experience participating in musical ensembles.
The Lower School music program aims to excite students about the joy of music. Seacrest's Holiday Instrumental Concert and the Spring Instrumental Concert are yearly opportunities for our Lower School students to perform for parents. In the fifth grade, students are required to participate in band.
In the Middle and Upper School, band students learn:
- proper care and maintenance of their instruments
- fundamental tone production
- to develop listening skills
- fundamental musical notation
- appropriate phrasing
- responsible ensemble performance
- appropriate musical style
- an understanding of how music relates to our culture and to other cultures around the world